The Bediuzzaman Said Nursi Project for Research, Training and Consultancy (NRTC) is a collaboration between the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) and the Hayrat Foundation of Turkey.
NRTC was established as a centre in the Human Sciences building in January 2017 at the auspicious of the Kulliyyah of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences, IIUM where it runs its activities.
NRTC provides research, training and consultancy services on Bediuzzaman Said Nursi’s work “Risale-i Nur” (the Book of Light) to the academicians, students and staff of IIUM with hopes of reaching a broader audience in the near future.
NRTC upholds the integration of knowledge by considering the Quran and the universe as two books of Allah. An extracted curriculum from the Risale-i Nur which is based on this integration is taught at the centre.
NRTC has trained hundreds of students and collaborated with academicians of the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) and other institutions for academic conferences, workshops and publications.
- NRTC is dedicated to contributing to the revival of Islamic thought in light of the Quran and Sunnah in engaging contemporary issues and challenges.
- It strives to prove and expound on the tenets of Iman (belief) in order to firmly establish it in the minds and hearts of Muslim individuals and eliminate misconceptions.
- It aims to contribute to the training of enlightened, steadfast, visionary youth equipped with high ambition to serve Islam and humanity at large.
- It strives for the unity of Muslims across the globe, while endeavouring to eliminate hopelessness, extremism and enmity within Muslim communities.
- NRTC upholds the integration of knowledge by considering the Quran and the universe as two books of Allah and teaches its courses with a curriculum extracted from the Risale-i Nur based on this integration.
- NRTC facilitates comparative studies on the ideas of Bediuzzaman Said Nursi and other scholars.
In the light of its missions, NRTC aims to;
- Serve as a research centre for the academicians as well as students of the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- Publish academic journals and articles on educational, social and cultural issues
- Delve into the source of Islamic knowledge and integrate them with the modern knowledge
- Train students who will be teachers in their countries for the betterment of the Muslim ummah and humanity at large
- Maintain wasatiyyah addressing both minds and hearts of people and striving to keep them in the straight path in modes of thinking and actions